Emma Lewisham Skin Reset Even Skin Tone Serum
Skin Reset (30ml) is a cult-favourite for evening skin tone, reducing the signs of hyperpigmentation, redness and returning the most phenomenal glow and radiance to the skin. Its powerful technology is proven to visibly minimise the look of dullness and hyperpigmentation and goes one advancement further by preventing further signs from appearing on the skin.
It works by shutting down two different biological pathways.
Firstly, our patented plant extracts contain active ingredients that interfere with an enzyme in your cells called tyrosinase. When UV light from the sun comes into contact with the tyrosinase enzyme, it is usually activated to produce pigment (called melanin) which travels to the upper layer of the skin and you see as dark spots or hyperpigmentation. Our plant actives inhibit tyrosinase, stopping the metabolic process that creates pigment - and therefore your dark spots.
Secondly, if any pigment still manages to form, we have a complementary active (vitamin B3) that works further downstream to deter the pigment from transferring to your skin’s surface. This is why our formulation is different from standard brightening products on the market.
Best for hyperpigmentation • dullness • dark spots • uneven skin tone • discolouration • age spots • acne scars and rosacea
24 active high performing ingredients
We believe in innovative, natural, complex formulas that have more ingredients and less fillers. We fill our products with the highest number of science-backed, consciously grown and cutting-edge ingredients from around the globe, to produce high-performing natural products. Our mission is to prove that luxurious, high-performing skincare doesn’t have to come at a compromise to people's health or the planet's.
Each 30ml Skin Reset bottle contains 190 nutrients and phytonutrients, plant stem cells, powerhouse vitamins, including organic Prickly pear (with the highest plant based concentration of vitamin E in the world), Cellular Extracted Kakadu plum (with the highest plant based concentration of vitamin C in the world), minerals, antioxidants, aminos, and omega fatty acids (3, 6, 9, and the rare “beauty omega” 7) for full-spectrum performance in combating dull, uneven skin tone.
Every ingredient works hard in our formulation to prevent and repair hyperpigmentation, but below are your noteworthy ‘skin heroes’:
- Patented Plant Stem Cell Extract: The result of a research program in which a hundred plants were selected for their effectiveness in inhibiting tyrosinase (this is the enzyme which produces the pigment melanin, which you see as dark spots or pigmentation on your skin). The research and development took 5 years, and the resulting clinical studies showed phenomenal results for their effects in inhibiting the production and transfer of melanin to the skin.
- Cellular Extracted Vitamin C from Kakadu Plum: This extraction method captures the plants cells' photo-active nutrients at their highest of potency and power. Kakadu Plum has recently made global cosmetic breakthroughs recording the world's highest source of plant-based vitamin C. Cellular extraction ensures the full benefits of vitamin C is delivered to the skin for the most glowing and radiant complexion.
- Bearberry Extract: Bearberry extract contains a compound called arbutin. Acting in a similar way to hydroquinone, this ingredient is a great way to brighten dark spots, freckles, and scars without the negative drawbacks of hydroquinone.
Full list of ingredients
We ensure every Emma Lewisham ingredient is clean and safe and ban 2700 ingredients that have been identified by the Environmental Working Group's (EWG) Skin Deep Database as hazardous or potentially harmful to humans. Below is our full list of ingredients with their EWG ratings in brackets (1 = low, 10 = high).
You can also learn more about each ingredient and our sustainability goals in our Emma Lewisham Sustainability Framework.
Our Skin Reset formulation is vegan.
Organic Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) leaf extract (1) • Water (1) • Glycerin (2) • Niacinamide (1) • Coco-caprylate (1) • Cetearyl olivate (1) • Glyceryl stearate Citrate (1) • Organic Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil (1) • Sorbitan olivate (1) • Cetearyl alcohol (1) • Glyceryl caprylate (1) • Organic Opuntia ficus-indica (Prickly Pear) seed oil (1) • Hippophae rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) fruit oil (1) • Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) seed oil (1) • Organic Calophyllum inophyllum (Tamanu) seed oil (1) • Arctostaphylos uva-ursi (Bearberry) leaf extract (1) • Organic Leontopodium alpinum (Edelweiss) flower/leaf extract (1) • Organic Camellia oleifera (Camellia) seed oil (1) • Organic Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil (1) • Organic Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) kernel oil (1) • Glycyrrhiza glabra (Liquorice) root extract (1) • Organic Achillea millefolium (Yarrow) extract (1) • Organic Rubus idaeus (Raspberry) seed oil (1) • Organic Alchemilla vulgaris (Lady’s Mantle) extract (1) • Organic Malva sylvestris (Mallow) extract (1) • Organic Rosa canina (Rosehip) fruit oil (1) • Organic Melissa officinalis (Lemon Balm) leaf extract (1) • Organic Vitis vinifera (Grape) seed oil (1) • Macadamia ternifolia (Macadamia) seed oil (1) • Organic Mentha piperita (Peppermint) leaf extract (1) • Organic Primula veris (Cowslip) extract (1) • Organic Veronica officinalis (Speedwell) extract (1) • Sodium hyaluronate (1) • Organic Salvia hispanica (Chia) seed oil (1) • Caprylhydroxamic acid (1) • Xanthan gum (1) • Euphorbia cerifera cera (Candelilla Wax) (1) • Parfum (natural fragrance, derived from flowers) • Benzyl salicylate (3) • Citronellol (3) • Eugenol (3) • Geraniol (3) • Linalool (3)
- 100% of total ingredients are naturally derived
- 68% of active ingredients are from organic farming
- Our formulations contain benzyl salicylate, citronellol, eugenol, geraniol, linalool in very low concentrations as constituents of our essential oils. It’s worth noting that the EWG rating for these, refer only to the individual constituents extracted in a lab from the essential oil, or synthetic replications. The ratings are not applicable to our formulas, as we never use extracted or synthetic constituents, only the pure naturally occurring essential oil
How to Use
If you ensure you're using Skin Reset regularly, you'll see the character of your complexion change. Emma herself saw real results in her complexion after 6 months of continuous use.
Apply 1.5 pumps of Skin Reset, morning and night. Massage into face and neck. Always apply sunscreen after Skin Reset serum in the morning.
Above all, always remember it takes ongoing protection, patience, and persistence to manage your hyperpigmentation.
Protection. Sun exposure is the number one trigger of hyperpigmentation. The sun’s rays affect your skin even on cloudy days, so protect it with sunscreen 365 days of the year to prevent further signs appearing.
Patience. Caused by years of sun damage, patience is needed to get results. Follow instructions and from 4 weeks you’ll start to see a new and improved skin tone.
Persistence. Once hyperpigmentation is visible, continue to apply Skin Reset and protect your skin.
If you have sensitive skin or allergies: While our formulation is 100% clean and naturally derived, we recommend if you have sensitive skin or allergies that you do a patch test first or consult your medical practitioner before using any new skincare product. If your skin is not responding well to one of our products, including irritation, please discontinue use and contact a medical practitioner.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding: This serum is safe to use while pregnant and breastfeeding, however, we recommend you check with your doctor before using.
Using Skin Reset with our other products
All of our products were developed to be used together. The general rule for skincare is to layer from the thinnest to the thickest product. For example, you could cleanse, then apply our Supernatural Triple VItamin A+ Face Oil, then this Skin Reset serum, then lastly either our Supernatural Anti-Ageing 72-Hour Hydration Creme or Skin Shield UVA/UVB Face/Body SPF 30 or Skin Shield Daily Face SPF 30 depending on the time of day it is.