Emma Lewisham Illuminating Oil Cleanser with Flower Enzymes, Papaya & Chia
Cleansing is fundamental in a person’s skincare routine and is directly linked to anti-ageing benefits. Proper cleansing and exfoliation also enables the following skincare products to penetrate the epidermis effectively. It lays the building blocks for strong overall skin health.
This formula harnesses the superpowers of a signature blend of 4 prized flower enzymes: Neroli Absolute, Rose Absolute, Jasmine Absolute, and Bulgarian Lavender. The flowers gently exfoliate away dead skin cells for illuminating skin. Bulgarian lavender promotes the release of neuropeptides which help relax and revive the skin, with a smoothing effect.
Neroli Absolute extract is combined for its regenerative qualities. Neroli is an advanced natural enzyme that has unparalleled benefits in detoxifying the skin and drawing out makeup, impurities and environmental pollutants from deep in the skin, that if left untouched degrade collagen and elastin.
This multi-faceted cleanser also contains Rose and Jasmine for their incomparable beautifying benefits.
23 active high performing ingredients
We believe in innovative, natural, complex formulas that have more ingredients and less fillers. We fill our products with the highest number of science-backed, consciously grown and cutting-edge ingredients from around the globe to produce high-performing natural products. Our mission is to prove that luxurious, high-performing skincare doesn’t have to come at a compromise to people's health or the planet's.
Every ingredient works hard in our formulation to prevent and repair hyperpigmentation, but below are your noteworthy ‘skin heroes’:
- Bulgarian Lavender: Promotes the release of Beta-endorphin, a neuropeptide which can help to relax and revive the skin, softening fine lines and wrinkles.
- Neroli Absolute: Draws out makeup, impurities and environmental pollutants from deep in the skin, that if left untouched can degrade collagen and elastin
- Rose Absolute: Contains vitamins A and C and an array of other minerals and antioxidants. Rose flower oil soothes and moisturises the skin. It also has antibacterial properties and reduces redness and inflammation.
- Bakuchiol: Clinically proven to increase the skin’s hydration. It does this by increasing the natural production of hyaluronic acid in the skin’s layers, which our body stops producing in our late twenties. This creates a plumping effect and visibly diminishes the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Even better, Bakuchiol maintains its potency and superior performance, even under the most adverse of conditions.
Full list of ingredients
We ensure every Emma Lewisham ingredient is clean and safe and ban 2700 ingredients that have been identified by the Environmental Working Group's (EWG) Skin Deep Database as hazardous or potentially harmful to humans. Below is our full list of ingredients with their EWG ratings in brackets (1 = low, 10 = high).
You can also learn more about each ingredient and our sustainability goals in our Emma Lewisham Sustainability Framework.
Our Illuminating Oil Cleanser formulation is vegan.
Organic Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil (1) • Olea europaea (Olive) fruit oil (1) • Caprylic/capric triglyceride (1) • Organic Camellia oleifera (Camellia) seed oil (1) • Organic Ricinus communis (Castor) seed oil (1) • Polyglyceryl-2 sesquioleate (1) • Polyglyceryl-2 caprylate (1) • Organic Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil (1) • Organic Salvia hispanica (Chia) seed oil (1) • Carica papaya (Papaya) seed oil (1) • Citrus aurantium amara (Neroli) peel oil (4) • Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) oil (1) • Jasminum officinale (Jasmine) flower oil (4) • Rosa damascena (Damask Rose) flower oil (3) • Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf extract (1) • Citrullus lanatus (Kalahari Melon) seed oil (1) • Organic Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) kernel oil (1) • Organic Vitis vinifera (Grape) seed oil (1) • Tocopheryl acetate (2) • Calendula officinalis (Calendula) flower extract (1) • Organic Macadamia ternifolia (Macadamia) seed oil (1) • Organic Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose) oil (1) • Organic Rosa canina (Rosehip) fruit oil (1) • Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) seed oil (1) • Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) peel oil (1) • Organic Persea gratissima (Avocado) oil (1) • Parfum (100% natural fragrance) • Citral (3) • Citronellol (3) • Farnesol (3) • Geraniol (3) • Limonene (4) • Linalool (3)
- 100% of total ingredients are naturally derived
- 50% of total ingredients are organic
- Our formulations contain citral, citronellol, farnesol, geraniol, limonene, linalool in very low concentrations as constituents of our essential oils. It’s worth noting that the EWG rating for these, refer only to the individual constituents extracted in a lab from the essential oil, or synthetic replications. The ratings are not applicable to our formulas, as we never use extracted or synthetic constituents, only the pure naturally occurring essential oil
How to Use
To allow the ingredients in the cleanser to work the best, massage 1-2 pumps onto dry skin for 45 seconds to dissolve makeup, pollution and impurities. Add water to create a luxurious, milky fluid. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.