Emma Lewisham Skin Shield Daily Face Antioxidant + SPF 30
A multi-shield formula that brightens, detoxifies and protects your complexion. Engineered with our patented plant stem cell complex, Skin Shield Daily Face (50g) is packed with cutting-edge science and restorative antioxidants, vitamins (vitamin A, C, D, and E), omega fatty acids (3, 6, 9, and the rare “beauty omega” 7) and nutrients to create a protective “cocoon” against UV, blue light and pollution, to retain the most youthful, healthy and plump skin.
It focuses strongly on protecting collagen from being degraded, as well as in assisting in the regeneration of new collagen, strengthening skin elasticity, brightening the skin and reducing fine lines.
24 effective botanical ingredients
We believe in innovative, natural, complex formulas that have more ingredients and less fillers. We fill our products with the highest number of science-backed, consciously grown and cutting-edge ingredients from around the globe, to produce high-performing natural products. Our mission is to prove that luxurious, high-performing skincare doesn’t have to come at a compromise to people's health or the planet's.
Every ingredient works hard in our formulation but below are your noteworthy ‘skin heroes’:
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid is like the glass of water your skin desperately needs when out in the sun. It's a molecule that draws and locks in moisture to your skin, supports elasticity, and boosts collagen production. It has an ability to absorb up to 1,000 times its weight in water.
- Sea Buckthorn: This powerhouse ingredient contains over 190 bioactive substances to nourish the skin. Sea Buckthorn is rich in the rare omega 7 (the “beauty omega”) which promotes skin elasticity, cell regeneration and fights free radicals – it has one of the highest concentrations of this on earth. Sea Buckthorn also boasts 3x more vitamin A than carrot, which stimulates collagen production and evens skin tone.
- Patented organic plant stem cells: The result of a research program in which a hundred plants were selected for their effectiveness in inhibiting tyrosinase (this is the enzyme which produces the pigment melanin, which you see as dark spots or hyperpigmentation on your skin). The research and development took 5 years, and the resulting clinical studies showed phenomenal results for their effects in inhibiting the production and transfer of melanin to the skin.
- Organic Prickly Pear: The ultimate beauty oil. It has the highest plant-based concentration of vitamin E of any skin oil (150% more than Argan oil). A powerful antioxidant that can penetrate through layers of skin, assisting the body with the natural wound-healing process. Vitamin E also helps to renew skin cells, making them stronger and reducing oxidative stress
Full list of ingredients
We ensure every Emma Lewisham ingredient is clean and safe and ban 2700 ingredients that have been identified by the Environmental Working Group's (EWG) Skin Deep Database as hazardous or potentially harmful to humans. Below is our full list of ingredients with their EWG ratings in brackets (1 = low, 10 = high).
You can also learn more about each ingredient and our sustainability goals in our Sustainability Framework.
Coco-caprylate/caprate (1) • Water (1) • Zinc oxide (nano) (1) • Tapioca starch (1) • Organic Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil (1) • Glycerin (1) • Sorbitan olivate (1) • Cera alba (1) • Lecithin (1) • Polyglyceryl-2 dipolyhydroxystearate (1) • Organic Opuntia ficus-indica (Prickly Pear) seed oil (1) • Hippophae rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) fruit oil (1) • Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) seed oil (1) • Sodium hyaluronate (1) • Organic Persea gratissima (Avocado) oil (1) • Inula helenium (Elecampane) extract (6) • Organic Calophyllum inophyllum (Tamanu) seed oil (1) • Organic Leontopodium alpinum (Edelweiss) flower/leaf extract (1) • Organic Mentha piperita (Peppermint) leaf extract (1) • Organic Melissa officinalis (Lemon Balm) leaf extract (1) • Organic Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) leaf extract (1) • Organic Macadamia ternifolia (Macadamia) seed oil (1) • Organic Salvia hispanica (Chia) seed oil (1) • Organic Camellia oleifera (Camellia) seed oil (1) • Organic Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose) seed oil (1) • Organic Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil (1) • Organic Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) butter (1) • Organic Veronica officinalis (Speedwell) extract (1) • Organic Rosa canina (Rosehip) fruit oil (1) • Organic Alchemilla vulgaris (Lady’s Mantle) extract (1) • Organic Rubus idaeus (Raspberry) seed oil (1) • Organic Malva sylvestris (Mallow) extract (1) • Organic Primula veris (Cowslip) extract (1) • Organic Vitis vinifera (Grape) seed oil (1) • Organic Achillea millefolium (Yarrow) extract (1) • Glyceryl caprylate (1) • Isostearic acid (1) • Caprylhydroxamic acid (1) • Sodium chloride (1) • Galactoarabinan (1) • Polyglyceryl-3 polyricinoleate (1) • Polyhydroxystearic acid (1) • Potassium cetyl phosphate (1) • Parfum (natural fragrance, derived from flowers) • Benzyl salicylate (3) • Citronellol (3) • Eugenol (3) • Geraniol (3) • Linalool (3)
- 100% of total ingredients are naturally derived
- 87.5% of active ingredients are from organic farming (NB: we are currently reviewing sourcing for other ingredients)
- 79% of active ingredients are certified according to the Ecocert Standard. The Ecocert standard was designed to hold the ingredients, manufacturing processes and packaging of cosmetic products to a high standard of compliance.
- In addition, our formulations contain benzyl salicylate, citronellol, eugenol, geraniol, linalool in very low concentrations as constituents of our essential oils. It’s worth noting that the EWG rating for these, refer only to the individual constituents extracted in a lab from the essential oil, or synthetic replications. The ratings are not applicable to our formulas, as we never use extracted or synthetic constituents, only the pure naturally occurring essential oil.
How to Use
Apply liberally to skin every morning, under makeup.
If you have sensitive skin or allergies: While our formulation is 100% clean and naturally derived, we recommend if you have sensitive skin or allergies that you do a patch test first or consult your medical practitioner before using any new skincare product. If your skin is not responding well to one of our products, including irritation, please discontinue use and contact a medical practitioner.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding: This serum is generally safe to use while pregnant and breastfeeding, however, we recommend you check with your doctor before using.
Using Skin Shield with our other products
All of our products were developed to be used together. The general rule for skincare is to layer from the thinnest to the thickest product. For example, you could cleanse, then apply our Supernatural Triple Vitamin A+ Face Oil, then the Skin Reset serum, then this Skin Shield Daily Face Antioxidant + SPF 30.